May 3, 2021
- Job Title: M&E Analyst
- Organization Name: United Nations Development Program (UNDP)
- Location: Lahore
- Duration: 1 Year
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Gender: Both
- Closing Date: 2021-05-05
The Agenda 2030 based on a set of 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) to end poverty, fight inequality and injustice, and tackle climate change challenges is underpinned by a strong commitment to ‘eave no one behind and to reach the furthest behind first. It recognizes the multi-dimensional nature of poverty and inequality and provides a framework that comprehensively addresses all dimensions of well-being.
In October 2015 the Government of Pakistan launched the SDGs in Pakistan and formally adopted them through a unanimous resolution passed in National Assembly to adopt the 2030 Agenda as a National Development Agenda. To take forward the implementation of 2030 Agenda, UNDP Pakistan, the Planning Commission and Provincial Planning and Development Departments have launched a national initiative on SDGs focusing on the following four outputs:
- Plans, policies, and resource allocation aligned to 2030 Agenda;
- Monitoring, reporting, and evaluation capacities strengthened;
- Innovative approaches applied to accelerate progress on priority SDGs;
- Financing flows aligned to 2030 Agenda.
Under the project, SDG Support Units are being established at federal level in Planning Commission and with all the provinces and regions in the Planning & Development Departments. The Punjab SDG Support Unit has been operational since August 2016 and been providing support to Punjab Government on the outputs. M&E Analyst will be closely working with UNDP CO and Planning & Development Board Punjab to ensure support implementation of SDGs through robust monitoring mechanisms and tools.
Job Knowledge/Technical Expertise:
- Ability to analyze data, interpret information and present meaningful analysis
- Sound understanding of Result Based Management and latest M&E tools and approaches
- Sound understanding and familiarity with Public Databases, surveys, and other administrative datasets
- Excellent report writing skills
- Ability to lead formulation and evaluation of development programmes and project
- Demonstrates good oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge management and learning
- Master degree in Statistics, Public Policy, Economics, Development Studies, International Development, or any other relevant area in social sciences from a well reputed national or international academic institution.
- Bachelor degree in Statistics, Public Policy, Economics, Development Studies, International Development, or any other relevant area in social sciences from a well reputed national or international academic institution.
- Minimum 2 years of relevant experience in monitoring, evaluation, reporting performance management/monitoring and reporting in development projects or programmes with master’s degree.
- Minimum 4 years of relevant experience in monitoring, evaluation, reporting performance management/monitoring and reporting in development projects or programmes with Bachelor’s degree.
- Proven practical skills and familiarity with monitoring and evaluation approaches and tools.
- Proved previous experience in data and information analysis, specifically hands on experience of working with public databases.
- Proficient in verbal and written English.