May 3, 2021
- Job Title: Research Officer
- Organization Name: United Nations Development Program
- Location: Lahore
- Duration: 1 Year
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Gender: Both
- Closing Date: 2021-05-05
- The Agenda 2030 based on a set of 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) to end poverty, fight inequality and injustice, and tackle climate change challenges is underpinned by a strong commitment to ‘eave no one behind and to reach the furthest behind first. It recognizes the multi-dimensional nature of poverty and inequality and provides a framework that comprehensively addresses all dimensions of well-being.
In October 2015 the Government of Pakistan launched the SDGs in Pakistan and formally adopted them through a unanimous resolution passed in National Assembly to adopt the 2030 Agenda as a National Development Agenda. In order to take forward the implementation of 2030 Agenda, UNDP Pakistan, the Planning Commission and Provincial Planning and Development Departments have launched a national initiative on SDGs focusing on the following four outputs:
- Plans, policies and resource allocation aligned to 2030 Agenda
- Monitoring, reporting and evaluation capacities strengthened
- Innovative approaches applied to accelerate progress on priority SDGs
- Financing flows aligned to 2030 Agenda
Under the project, SDG Support Units are being established at federal level in Planning Commission and with all the provinces and regions in the Planning & Development Departments. The Punjab SDG Support Unit has been operational since August 2016 and been providing support to Punjab Government on the aforementioned outputs. To strengthen the advisory work, a Research Officer is being hired to support the Punjab SDGs Unit and P&DD in providing policy and research support using social and economic analysis and other tools to strengthen the advisory and planning work of the Punjab SDG Unit.
Master’s Degree or Bachelor’s in Statistics, Economics, Development Studies, Public Policy, International Development or related disciplines in social sciences from a well reputed national or international academic institution.
- At least 01 years of relevant experience after Master’s degree at the national or international level or 02 years of relevant experience after a Bachelor’s degree at the national or international level.
- Substantial experience to lead and provide support in substantive research on issues and drivers that could accelerate the achievement of SDGs in Pakistan.
- Extensive experience in research and policy-level analysis, including in formulation, monitoring and evaluation of strategies and development programmes /projects.
Excellent knowledge of English and working knowledge of Urdu an asset.
How to Apply: